Visit the Kazematten
- Bookings are final, so cannot be changed or canceled, no refunds.
- The General Visitor Conditions(dutch), filed under location number HRSD41002433 at the Chamber of Commerce Leeuwarden in Leeuwarden, apply to your visit.
- When booking, you agree to the Additional Visiting Conditions related to Corona(dutch)
- Consult the full Protocol of the Kazematten Museum(dutch) here
- The Casemate Museum follows the Covid-19 guidelines of the government and RIVM
In the Kazematten Museum, in connection with the Corona measures
- wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor areas;
- the museum shop and the museum café are open to a limited number of visitors;
- In the cinema the video about the history of the Afsluitdijk, about the casemates on Kornwerderzand and about the first days of the war in May 1940 will be shown (if possible) every half hour.
Always ensure that your fellow visitors can also visit our museum and visitor center in a safe and carefree manner.
Opening days and times 2021
Hooray, we can open again! So you can book again. From Saturday 5 June we hope to welcome you in our beautiful museum, which is possible four days a week, on Wednesday and Friday to Sunday.
See you in the Casemate Museum
From 5 September 2022 until 14 October 2022
From 15 October 2022 until 30 October 2022
Admission prices 2021
|Regular price||€ 8,00 per person|
|Children (from 4 to 12 years old)||€ 4,00 per person|
|Annual museum pass holders (MJK)||free, but also book in advance online and bring a museum card|
|Veteran pass holder (VP)||free, but also book in advance online and bring a museum card|
|Friends of Kazematten||free, but also book in advance online and bring a friend card|
|No tours and packages available|
Payment options in the Visitor centre::
Only Payment Cards (VPAY and Maestro) and Credit Cards (Visa and Mastercard).
Accessibility to Museum
When walking from the parking area the museum can be reached via a number of stairs over the bridge. When there is someone who has difficulty with walking wishes to visit the museum, we would advise you to telephone us at 0517 – 579453 (during opening times) or via the contact form
Tips for visitors
|Navigation and parking||
For navigation (SatNav) to parking lots use address below:
Afsluitdijk 1c, 8752 TP Kornwerderzand.
Parking on P1 or P2.
|Visitors Centre||In the visitors centre there is a cinema where a video is being shown continuously, with recordings of the interviews with veterans who are talking about their experiences in the May of 1940. In the visitors centre there are books and souvenirs for sale as well as the possibility to buy a cup of tea and coffee.|
|Toilets||At the visitor centre there are male and female toilet facilities. There is also a toilet at the entrance of the southern part of the museum (next to the locks).|
|Pets||Dogs on a lead are permitted in the museum but we would like to request that you clean up after them.|
|Baggage etc.||Baggage, helmets, clothing, etc. can be looked after at the ticket office when requested.|
Kazemattenmuseum Kornwerderzand Afsluitdijk 5, 8752 KP Kornwerderzand Telephone: 0517-579453 E-mail: email@example.com
By car/Motorbike The Kazemattenmuseum is 4 km from the Frisian coast on the A7 (Afsluitdijk), exit 14A Kornwerderzand. Parking is free, on parking areas P1 or P2 at the Afsluitdijk-Wadden Center. GPS coordinates: 53.073788, 5.339619 Public Transport Qliner Alkmaar-Leeuwarden v.v., line 350, bus stop Afsluitdijk-Kornwerderzand Bicycle/Moped From the direction of Friesland follow the route to the Afsluitdijk/Den Oever/Amsterdam. From the direction of Noord-Holland follow the route to Afsluitdijk/Leeuwarden. Bicycle/Moped can be parked at Kornwerderzand.